Clarkson S. Fisher Building and United States Courthouse
Clarkson S. Fisher Building & U.S. Courthouse
402 East State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608
The United States Courthouse in Trenton, NJ was originally built in 1936 as part of the Works Progress Administration (WPA) during the Great Depression. The Trenton Courthouse was greatly expanded in 1993 and renamed the Clarkson S. Fisher Building and United States Courthouse in honor of former Chief District Court Judge Clarkson S. Fisher, who presided in Trenton.