Title: District Court
Appointed by: William H. Taft
Judicial Tenure: 1909 - 1930
Born: September 19, 1858
Birth Place: Trenton, NJ
Died: September 22, 1930
Place of Death: Lake Placid, NY
Born in Trenton, New Jersey, Rellstab read law to enter the Bar in 1882. He was in private practice in Trenton, New Jersey from 1882 to 1896, and was a borough attorney for Chambersburg, New Jersey from 1884 to 1888, and city counsel to Trenton, New Jersey from 1889 to 1892 and from 1894 to 1896. He was a judge on the District Court of Trenton, New Jersey from 1896 to 1900, and on the Mercer Court of Common Pleas from 1900 to 1909.
On May 6, 1909, Rellstab was nominated by President William H. Taft to a seat on the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey vacated by William M. Lanning. Rellstab was confirmed by the United States Senate on May 18, 1909, and received his commission the same day. He assumed senior status on October 10, 1928, and served in that capacity until his death, in Lake Placid, New York.
- Private practice, Trenton, New Jersey, 1882-1896
- Borough attorney, Chambersburg, New Jersey, 1884-1888
- City counsel, Trenton, New Jersey, 1889-1892, 1894-1896
- Judge, Trenton [New Jersey] District Court, 1896-1900
- Judge, Mercer County [New Jersey] Court of Common Pleas, 1900-1909
- Read law, 1882