Vincent Pasquale Biunno
Title: District Court
Appointed by: Richard M. Nixon
Judicial Tenure: 1973 - 1991
Born: February 2, 1916
Birth Place: Newark, NJ
Died: July 30, 1991
Place of Death: Passaic, NJ
Judge Biunno was born in Newark, New Jersey. He received an LL.B. from Rutgers University School of Law in 1937. He was in private practice in Newark, New Jersey from 1937 to 1958. He was a Counselor and lecturer, Rutgers University School of Law from 1954 to 1957. He was a Counsel to the governor, State of New Jersey from 1958 to 1960. He was in private practice in Newark, New Jersey from 1960 to 1973. He was a Director, Prudential Insurance Company, Newark, New Jersey from 1960 to 1973. He was in the United States Army Private from 1942 to 1943.
Biunno was nominated to the federal bench by President Richard M. Nixon on February 21, 1973, to a seat vacated by Robert Shaw. He was confirmed by the United States Senate on April 10, 1973, He assumed senior status on March 23, 1982, and served in this capacity until his death in 1991, in Passaic, New Jersey.
- Private practice, Newark, New Jersey, 1937-1958, 1960-1973
- U.S. Army private, 1942-1943
- Counselor/lecturer, Rutgers University School of Law, 1954-1957
- Counsel, Gov. Robert B. Meyner, New Jersey, 1958-1960
- Member, Board of Directors, Prudential Insurance Company, Newark, New Jersey, 1960-1973
- New Jersey Law School (now Rutgers School of Law -- Newark), LL.B., 1937